Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
Windows8Forums.com is intended to provide an online means of public conversation about the Microsoft Windows 8 operating system.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use Windows8Forums.com to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, purposely inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Furthermore, you agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. This includes any links to pirated software and links to software in violation of intellectual property rights.
Before you post a message to the forums, and by registering on the forums, you hereby agree to be bound to the following rules:
- No Software Piracy: You agree by posting on this site you will not post links or discuss in any way, ways to pirate or illegally download any proprietary or commercial software. (Example: Windows 8). This site is based on discussion and support for this kind of software, not stealing it. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- Spam: There is a zero tolerance policy in regards to spam on Windows8Forums.com. This includes all commercial links placed anywhere during your access of the site. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- Unlawful Activity: You will not discuss unlawful activity, nor commit or discuss unlawful acts while using the website.
- Privacy Invasion: You will not undermine anyone's personal privacy while using the website. You will not collect, disclose, data-mine, or otherwise use information provided by Windows8Forums.com members for any purpose, without written approval of that member.
- Copyright Infringement: You will post no copyrighted material, less the copyrighted material is owned by you, or free to use under Fair Use Doctrine.
- Hacking: You will not discuss the methodology of hacking, for illegal purposes, or attempt to attack the website, or any of its members through hacking attempts.
- Denial of Service: Any member found to be attempting to commit a Denial of Service attack against any other member or the website has willfully violated the law.
- Conduct: While we welcome critiques and criticism of issues, programs, software, we do not tolerate personal attacks, flame baiting, hate speech, racism, sexism, or other anti-social behavior.
- Abnormal Behavior: Members who exhibit signs of obsessive compulsive behavior, neurotic behavior, anti-social behavior, destructive behavior, or any abhorrent behavior which would go outside of reasonable standards of decency are asked to seek help. Such destructive activity is not permitted on the site.
- Flame Baiting: Flame baiting is the process of drawing individuals into an argument for the sake of arguing. Such conduct is a violation of forum rules and will not be accepted.
- Personal Attacks: Any attack that targets a member of the website, specifically, is considered a personal attack and is not permitted.
- Vulgarity: Persistent use of vulgarity will not be tolerated. This includes profane content.
- Deception: You will post no messages, links, or other content which is knowingly false, misleading, discrediting or purposefully inaccurate.
- Harassment: You will harass no member of the website, regardless of their status.
- Multiple Accounts: The creation of multiple accounts by the same person is not permitted.
- Forum Attacks: Any attack, whether verbal, technical written, video recorded, or otherwise, against Windows8Forums.com is not permitted. This includes posting about how terrible the website is, and so forth. Constructive criticism, however, is welcome. There is a marked difference.
- Repetition: You will refrain from posting the same thing over and over again. If you do not get an answer to a question, it is quite possible no one knows the answer.
- Incoherent Post: Messages that make no sense or are illegible will be subject to deletion.
- Post Counting: Do not post messages solely to increase the number of posts you have, nor your standing on the website itself.
- Hate Speech: You will post no misogynistic, racist, homophobic, religious content, or other such content which may target any minority or majority of individuals in a hateful or spiteful way.
- Argumentative Behavior: While disagreements, constructive criticism, and intellectual debates are welcome, a persistent pattern of argumentative behavior is not. Members who create conditions on the website that are unwelcoming and destructive are not permitted to use the website. This atmosphere of destructive activity is not consistent with the goals or objectives of the website and its services.
- Inappropriate Media: Images, pictures, and videos placed on the website by members are deemed to be inappropriate when they contain extremely violent or sexually explicit material that have no redeeming value. By this definition, we determine that such media is inappropriate when they may be construed as offensive, hurtful, inappropriate, or derogatory to a majority of our viewers.
Although the administrators and moderators of Windows8Forums.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Windows8Forums.com, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
Your use of this website constitutes your agreement to indemnify and hold harmless the owners, staff, and members of Windows8Forums.com from any legal action resulting from damage to your computer hardware, software, or loss of information resulting from "bad advice". The exchange of information, over the Internet, comes with inherent risks, and we are in no way responsible for how you use that information.
You hereby acknowledge that Windows8Forums.com is not affiliated, endorsed, sponsored, or owned by Microsoft Corporation, nor does it hold a claim on the company's trademarked and copyrighted works. All products featured on Windows8Forums.com are owned and copyrighted by their respective companies.
You hereby surrender rights to all content posted on Windows8Forums.com, excluding any content which may exist outside of Windows8Forums.com.
You hereby acknowledge the forum staff of Windows8Forums.com reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason and deny access to the service for any reason.
You hereby acknowledge that this Terms of Service agreement is a binding contract for so long as you use your Windows8Forums.com account and may be updated, with or without notice at any time.
By using this Web site and the information in it available, you agree to follow and be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, - do not use our Web site.
IMPORTANT: Adherence to Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
Your use of the website constitutes your willingness to abide by US and international copyright law. This includes, but it's not limited to, posting the full text of an article without the author's consent. You shall post no material abridging the rights of the content owner of copyrighted materials on a 3rd party website or otherwise. Materials posted from other websites should be posted with the approval of both Windows8Forums.com and the content owner when appropriate. A failure to abide by these rules will result in the termination of your account and removal of all materials which may violate the DMCA law in the United States.
Mass Posting of Full Articles or Excerpt Articles
The mass-posting of content from third party websites is a practice strictly prohibited on Windows8Forums.com. This policy is designed to protect the content owners of these sites, abide by the DMCA, and avoid post spam.
Content holders who feel their intellectual property may be posted here without permission should immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Members should not engage in this practice to propogate news stories repeatedly, even if the content of each news story or event is different.
Fair use exemptions are in place under all of these terms.
24 March 2012 (Rev 1.2)
24 August 2011 (Rev 1.1)
24 August 2010 (Rev 1.0)